Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PIZZA'S MY FAVORITE


I've been making our own pizza for I don't know, maybe two years now.  Before, we were big pizza order-er's (and then we made a pact to not eat fast food for a year and a lot of pizza places were on that list)... but we found out that making a pizza is super simple. But there is one kitchen gadget that could have made my life so much easier.  A rolling pin!  You know what I've been using... a wine bottle.  Seriously?  I've been wondering which came first... wine or pizza, and I'm pretty sure that it's the wine because it's just a matter of time before you realize that the wine bottle is a great way to roll out flour and watter and then add some veggies, sauce and dairy and you've got a delicious meal.

Before my job started I went on a shopping spree... getting clothes, new shoes, a bag, a Chicago card... all the things I'll need for my new life as a new member of Chicago's working force.  But I think my absolute favorite purchase had nothing to do with preparing for work... it was my new rolling pin!!!  Now pizza is super easy to make and all I have to do is drink the wine.

What's your favorite kitchen gadget?  For now I'd have to say mine is the rolling pin... but I sure do like my ice cream maker...

XOXO

No comments: