|A Christmas appetizer my mother-in-law and I put together. Yum!|
Cooking is something I've come to really enjoy. I seem to cook every day... which is great but this requires a good amount of planning and a weekly grocery shopping trip that sometimes becomes a chore. Here are a few things that I love about grocery shopping (could easily be turned around to being things I despise about our weekly shopping trips but I like to keep things positive).
- Fresh Produce (I'm looking forward to frequenting farmers markets when they start up and possibly enrolling in a CSA this spring/summer!)
- Sunday mornings (When there aren't a ton of people out and about.)
- Fruit Juice Samples (One word... Dynamo!)
- Sugary Treats (aka impulse shopping)
- Well behaved children in carts (Sorry my mama friends... I'll probably be cursed with wild and crazy children who want to take over the grocery store for this one.)
- Random songs you haven't heard in years (like... The Whispers Rock Steady or maybe Phil Collins Easy Lover)
- New products that catch my eye (Thank you Trader Joe's for all those yummy... and easy... sauces!)
- Mini shopping carts (Target would be a much friendlier place to me if they had the option of mini vs jumbo.)
- Self check out and friendly TJ's cashiers (We typically go to Trader Joe's... they are super nice there but I have a soft spot for self check out... so simple and quick!)
Are there things that you've learned to love about grocery shopping? Or is it the bane of your week?