Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A FEAST...



This year we are a bit misplaced for the holidays... I think we both kind of feel out of sorts with the move.  But last year was a different story!  Mr. D and I hosted Thanksgiving at our home in St. Louis with our family.  His family and grandmother and my mother.  It was a nice gathering... with lots of food!


I remember being so excited to plan the meal and get to cooking.  My mother and I cooked for days!  Those are memories that I'll have forever...


The menu was quite aggressive... most of the items chosen I'd never attempted before! 


While the turkey was cooking we started things off with a Thanksgiving cocktail and appetizers...
The signature cocktail was the The Poinsettia, a yummy champagne cocktail with cranberry and orange liqueur.  The appetizers consisted of Spinach and Artichoke DipStuffed Mushrooms and (we planned on making Baked Brie with Pear Chutney, but change of plans... instead we made...) a brie round with mixed nuts and fruit (pears and apples).

Dinner... which was a little later than planned (good thing for the appetizers!)... included a variety of Thanksgiving staples but with a little twist!  I consulted all sorts of magazines, websites and favorite cooks and chefs and ended up with the following mix of deliciousness! 
And of course there was still dessert!  We had a variety of goodies... there were chocolate coffee cookies and a blueberry crumble (YUM!), a powdery snowflake cookie, and a Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake (Mrs. Paula Dean's of course).

It was quite the feast!  I remember being so worn out from cooking that I wasn't even hungry... but I also remember everything being so tasty!  It was so nice to have our family celebrating with us in our home, something we were very thankful for.

Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your loved ones... Safe travels!


XOXO

No comments: